Digital hotel keys, casino ATMs, sports betting kiosks, and slot machines were down at the Borgata since September 10.
Online Casinos NJ
Top StoriesMore Stories
New Jersey is the capital of the online casino world, and Online-casinos.nj.com is here to help players connect with all NJ’s legally approved real money Online Casinos.
New Jersey online casinos have been around since 2013 and provide gamblers with an easy and exciting avenue for games and potentially big prizes.
Here we provide free online casino reviews for all of New Jersey’s 28 licensed online casinos, including information on the most popular online casino games and what payment options are available to NJ players.
There are also dedicated poker and bingo sites as well.
Best Online Casinos NJ 2023
Top 10 Best Online Casino Sites NJ 2023
There are 28legal real money online casinos in New Jersey, all falling under the jurisdiction of the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement (DGE) and partnered with at least one Atlantic City land-based casino.
The best thing about an online casino in NJ is the fact that you never have to wait for a game. There are hundreds -- if not thousands -- of slot machines to play, live dealer games to join, plus you control the stakes.
If you’re a big player who throws out $100 on every spin of the roulette wheel, you can do that. If you’re more comfortable at a nickel slot machine, you have that option as well.
With easy ways to deposit and withdraw money, New Jersey online casinos have an established reputation as customer friendly.
The websites are colorful and intuitive, with more games and features being added every day.
Putting together the best new jersey online casinos list takes time and effort. Each of the 28 online casinos in New Jersey brings something different to the table, but we have settled on the top 10 best NJ online casinos after a thorough examination of each site.
- Hard Rock Casino: Best for Daily Promotions
- Virgin Casino: Unique table games and chance to play demo mode
- Tropicana Casino: Incredible welcome bonus, and penny slots
- BetMGM Casino: Huge selection of games and top rewards program
- Unibet Casino: Ability to switch account between casino and sportsbook
- Stardust Casino: Great for Players looking for Real-Life Rewards
- Golden Nugget Casino: Instant bonus for Play+ deposit
- 888casino: Best for Mobile Play
- Party Casino: Best for Huge Slot Jackpots
- Ocean Casino: Big Welcome Bonus and Great Live Dealer Blackjack
Why We Love These 10 Casinos
1. Hard Rock Casino: Best for Daily Promotions
Since rocking on to the Atlantic City scene in 2018, the Hard Rock has given New Jersey online casino players a lot of boom for their buck, and ranks high on our New Jersey online casino list.
Players can win 50 free spins every day, and there are other daily promotions tied to big events like March Madness or the Super Bowl.
There are free contests to play each day, plus an incredible selection of online slot games from cutting-edge game-maker Evolution. The Hard Rock online site doesn’t shake, rattle and roll like the others. It’s rather static, but it’s a great place to jam.
2. Virgin Casino: Unique Table Games and Chance to Play Demo Mode
The Virgin Online Casino was one of New Jersey’s first to go online and is one of the few that gives players a chance to try out slot games for free. Sometimes players just want to get a feel for a game before staking any real money. The Virgin mobile app lets you go into demo mode and play from its titles with a small minimum deposit. Then it offers a chance at free real money spins. The Virgin Casino has a smooth layout and many slot, casino, and bingo games to choose from, which ranks it high on our New Jersey online casino list. It also gives players $100 in real cash back when signing up, not site credit.
3. Tropicana Casino: Incredible Welcome Bonus and Penny Slots
We know you know the name, and Tropicana's reputation for gaming excellence is deserved. The online casino is owned by Caesars Entertainment, making them one of the most reputable operators in the state. New players can collect a $500 casino deposit bonus, which is a great offer to help get you started. Once you’ve played for a while, you can convert your online Reward Credits to cash deposited directly into your account. Tropicana also has the option of playing the slot machines in demo mode, meaning without putting in any real money. This is a great way to sample games. If you like low stakes with the potential for a big reward, Tropicana has you covered with many penny slot offerings and remains one of the best NJ online casinos.
4. BetMGM Casino: Huge Selection of Games and Top Rewards Program
BetMGM Sportsbook partnered with the Borgata in 2017 and features an unbelievably good Rewards program that lets you earn points toward hotel stays, meals, free spins on slot machines and table games. The MGM brand is everywhere, so this is one Rewards program that can really come in handy. BetMGM has an extensive array of slot titles, including progressive ones that must payout – they call that the “Lions Share.” The online site is easy to understand, and players have the ability to shift from the casino to the sportsbook to poker in just a click. There’s a reason the BetMGM is called the King of Casinos.
5. Unibet Casino: Ability to Switch Account Between Casino and Sportsbook
New Jersey online casino players may not be as familiar with the European gaming giant Unibet, but they have found there is lots to like. Unibet doesn’t have the same deep inventory of casino games as the other NJ online operators, but it has enough. It also has over 50 jackpot slot games to play, and you can see the total jackpot for each game when you log in. But Unibet doesn’t hide what it really is: a world-class sportsbook available at one of the best NJ online casinos. Players can easily shift from playing a slot game and earning money to placing a live bet on a soccer game using the same account. Unibet’s best asset is it lets the player play what they want when they want to.
6. Stardust Casino: Great for Players looking for Real-Life Rewards
One of the best parts of joining an Atlantic City casino’s loyalty program is the ability to earn rewards you can use in real life. That includes free dinners, hotel stays, event tickets, and so much more. Now you can access those same rewards from the comfort of your own home. Stardust uses the Boyd Rewards program, which is one of the most prominent in the industry. You can sign up for free to start earning rewards that can be used for their online casino or at the many Boyd gaming properties across the US. If you are looking to do more with your online casino rewards program, Stardust is a great option
7. Golden Nugget: Instant Bonus for Play+ Deposit
Something about the name Golden Nugget just conveys fun and excitement for players and puts them high on our NJ online casinos list. Since 2013, it’s been the number one online casino in NJ in terms of revenue. The online NJ casino doesn’t disappoint, giving players a special welcome bonus if they use a Play+ deposit method. The layout for the online casino is jaw-dropping. It has game after game after game. Plenty of old classics are mixed in with the latest 21st Century games. The Golden Nugget gives players the choice of what style of game they want to play. You can select a game by studio, type, or theme. There are still golden nuggets out there waiting to be found.
8. 888casino: Best for Mobile Play
The 888 Casino boasts a fantastic online app that goes even deeper than the desktop site (for most online casinos, it’s the other way around) with app exclusives. New players get $20 right off the top when they sign up and can get up to $500 extra after their first deposit. The 888 Casino has multiple deposit options, including Play+, and your 888casino and 888poker accounts are interchangeable. The home page has a link to the Hot Games which have played recently, and this is a great site if you’re a Slingo fan. The 888 online casino has several Slingo game options.
9. Party Casino: Best for Huge Slot Jackpots
Right at the top of the Party Casino online site, you can find the “Party Pots” tab, which shows the big jackpot at stake, sometimes over a million. That’s a monster payout for a jackpot slot, what they call Party Pots at the Party Casino. On Mondays the promotion is “Bounce Back” where players making a first deposit of $20 can get it matched up to $150 in Bonus Dollars. Take that cool bonus and get going on the Party Pots. The table games menu is extensive with Roulette, Blackjack Pro, and Jets Football Studio.
10. Ocean Casino: Big Welcome Bonus and Great Live Dealer Blackjack
Take it from us, online-casinos-nj.com, Oceans is just a cool looking site with a mammoth welcome bonus where new players can get up to a 100% match up to $1,200 with a promo code. They don’t mess around at the Ocean Casino. The Wheel of Fortune jackpot slot pays up to $1,000 every eight hours. We also like how it lists the top 20 games in New Jersey. But now let’s talk blackjack. The Oceans online casino has the most blackjack live dealer options we’ve ever seen: infinite (unlimited seats), speed (make first decision, get first card), free bet (with optional jackpot wager), and lightning (which comes with multiplier cards). This online caisno is easy to love.
How We Ranked the Best Online Casinos in NJ?
We at online-casino-nj.com have your best interests at heart when reviewing New Jersey online casinos. We prioritize the safety of your monetary transactions and your personal information. That’s why we only review legitimate and licensed casinos in the state of New Jersey to find the best NJ online casino. We also look at the following criteria:
License and Regulation
The only NJ gambling sites we review in New Jersey are the ones fully regulated by the New Jersey Department of Gaming Enforcement. The DGE is tasked with making sure that all New Jersey online casino operators are legit.
There are unlicensed offshore casinos, but you’re taking a chance by making a deposit with them and counting on their games to be fair. We don’t waste our time reviewing those, and neither should you.
Bonus Offers (including Non-Deposit Bonuses)
Just like anything else, the New Jersey online casino industry is competitive, and one way the different sites try to be the best real money online casino in NJ is with deposit bonuses, in other words, the casino will give you money – or more often site credit – after you deposit money into your account.
We look for all the best current bonuses and promotional offers. They change regularly, so make sure you’re keeping track to find the best NJ online casino.
The wagering requirement is tied to the welcome bonus and is often called a playthrough requirement. This is how much you need to bet to withdraw all the money in your account.
If you receive a welcome bonus of $100, you will need to complete the wagering requirement to cash out that original $100. Great legal online casinos offer a 1x wagering requirement on bonus funds, meaning that you only need to wager $100 to turn the bonus into money you can withdraw.
Some online casinos offer requirements up to 10x, which would mean to make a $100 bonus withdrawable, you’d have to wager as much as $1,000.
Every New Jersey online casino prides itself on its promotions, which are the daily or weekly offers for their players. With so much competition for the gaming dollar in NJ, the best NJ online casinos are always trying to find good offers to keep players coming back for more.
Loyalty and VIP Programs
Every quality NJ Online Gambling site has a strong loyalty program. They may be called something different, but, they are rewards programs that give you perks based on the amount of gaming you do.
But some of the perks are unreachable, which is why we only look for the NJ online casinos with reasonable loyalty programs with commensurate perks.
There are some banks that won’t allow you to transfer money into an online gaming account directly, so you’ll need to check with your local branch to make sure.
But mainstream licensed NJ online casinos make the process easy, with a many payment options to withdraw and replenish funds in your account.
User Experience (Mobile/Desktop/App)
Does the website work? Does the app function like the main site, and what about the mobile version? We check over all the functionality levels of a New Jersey online casino to see if they have what you’re looking for.
Sure, the best way to play is on a desktop, but that’s not always an option. You may need to use a mobile device or download one of the casino apps.
We want to know that your NJ online casino experience is good on a various devices when searching for the best casino online in NJ.
Registration (How easy it is)
Signing up at a NJ online casino should be painless and easy. The good news is it pretty much is no matter what casino you go for. Typically, you’re asked to create a username and a password.
You may have to give the last four digits of your social security number just to ensure you are above the age requirement (21). You will want to make sure your computer has geolocation software downloaded, that way, the operators can be assured you’re physically present in New Jersey.
Imagine not being able to watch the Jets play football or the Yankees play baseball but have access to all the other teams. What the best NJ online casinos strive for is every game all the time.
This is one area where the casinos can really differentiate themselves on our NJ online casino list. The more games, the more likely you’ll find one you’ll like and win big.
You may not think about it too often, but since these NJ online casinos are computer portals, you’ll want to ensure the software is adequate.
This means no lag time when you’re playing a live dealer game, and no error message when you want to play online roulette or online baccarat. We only review the best New Jersey online casinos that use top-of-the-market software, and it shows.
Who knows any more about safeguarding and protecting your money than a banking institution? You trust them with your money, so you’ll be happy to know that the best New Jersey online casinos use the same safety standards as reputable banks. These are names you can trust during your NJ Online Gambling experience.
You don’t want it to happen, but at some point during your online gaming experience, you may encounter an issue or have a question you just can’t find the answer to. We have examined what online casinos offer the best customer support, whether that means 24-7 chat availability (preferred), and how long it takes them to respond to an email.
NJ Legal Online Casinos List
There are 28 active online New Jersey casinos with seven land-based partners. Each of the land-based partners also has its own online casino footprint.
Best NJ Online Casinos & Land-Based Partners
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
One of the MGM Resorts International hotels, the Borgata opened its doors to the public near the Atlantic City waterfront in 2003 and instantly became one of the signature spots of the skyline. In 2013, with the legalization of online casinos in New Jersey, the Borgata began its own branded online casino presence and established an agreement with Pala Online Casino that same year. The New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement lists 10 online casino partners for the Borgata, including four poker sites and one exclusive bingo site. Here we will just focus on the online casino partners.
- Borgata Casino – The Borgata is big. Clearly, the connections with MGM Resorts give the Borgata the ability to provide attractive promotions and bonuses for players. New players get $20 just by signing up and the Borgata will match up to $1,000 of your initial deposit. There are also bonuses connected to specific games, like Wheel of Fortune slots. The game offering is incredible, with a monster slots library (including progressive jackpot slots), plus live dealer games, new games added regularly, and virtual sports games to try.
- Party Casino – You’ll recognize the same layout as the other BetMGM properties, but the Party Casino also includes Slingo, the popular slots/bingo combination game, and Party Pots, another form of slot machine jackpots. The Party Casino underwent a recent renovation with live dealer online casino games now added to the mix. This renovation has added a smooth and elegant design to the Party Casino NJ.
- BetMGM – Now we’re talking. This is the flagship of the MGM Internationals Group of online casinos, BetMGM came aboard with the Borgata in 2017. The casino promotions and bonuses are extensive and include a referral bonus, where if you get a friend to sign up through an exclusive link, you can earn a $50 bonus. The MGM Rewards program lets you earn points toward hotel stays, dining, slots and table games. The menu of games is extensive and includes hundreds of exclusive games, including MGM Riches Sapphire and MGM Triple Ruby. The jackpot slots are branded the “Lions Share” with mandatory payouts.
Caesars Atlantic City
Caesars Atlantic City opened in 1979 and has become a well-known Atlantic City landmark with its trademark columns marking the external location. In addition to its self-branded online casino site, it bought out the Tropicana in 2021, so it acquired the Trop’s online casino footprints as well. It also acquired Harrah’s in 2020, giving it two of the biggest names in the online casino world. Caesars has maintained a robust online casino site since the practice was legalized in New Jersey in 2013. Caesars maintains a popular sportsbook through William Hill, a British bookmaker since 1934.
- Harrah’s Casino - New players at the Harrah’s Casino earn 20 free spins as a welcome bonus, plus a deposit match up to $100, and they throw in another 100 free spins. All you have to do is log in to your HarrahsCasino.com account or sign up and make a deposit. Harrah’s is one of New Jersey’s oldest online casino platforms, so players know they can trust the games and banking methods. There aren’t many slot machine options, but Harrah’s boasts four roulette versions and three versions of blackjack.
- WynnBET Casino - WynnBET is better known as a sportsbook, but the casino is growing and has an easy-to-understand format and plenty of attractive games to play, like the Guns N Roses slot machine. New players can get a deposit match of up to $1,000 and a chance to win tickets for an exclusive watch party to see the New York Jets of the NFL. There’s also a “Game of The Week” where players can wager $50 and get $20 back as a bonus. It’s clear to see that the sports theme permeates the WynnBET casino platform, and there’s nothing wrong with that.
- 888casino - The 888 casino first opened for real-money gaming in November of 2013, making it one of the first online casinos in the Garden State. The welcome bonus is $20 free for signing up and up to $500 extra on your first deposit. The 888 Casino constantly updates its menu with new slot titles from Evolution Games and has live craps, blackjack and baccarat options. There’s also 888Poker.com. This is a smooth platform that functions brilliantly on both the app or the browser version.
- Tropicana Casino - In August of 2022, the Tropicana online casino site was shut down while it transitioned to Light & Wonder as its new platform provider. Caesars NJ has relaunched the site and rebranded their New Jersey Casino under the Tropicana brand, giving players a familiar feel despite the new ownership. Tropicana is offering players a 100% deposit match bonus of up to $500.
- World Series of Poker - The WSOP site launched in New Jersey back in November of 2013, bringing the popular brand to players in the Garden State. While the site only offers poker games, it does allow real money betting that qualifies it as an online casino. If you are looking to brush up on your poker skills, WSOP has just what you need.
Golden Nugget Hotel Casino & Marina
It started off as “Trump’s Castle” in Atlantic City in 1985 before taking the Golden Nugget name 12 years later. The Golden Nugget joined in the New Jersey online casino rush in 2013 with its own Golden Nugget branded online casino. It also established license agreements with other leading NJ online casino platforms, such as Betfair in 2013 – which is how it connected with sportsbook behemoth FanDuel -- SugarHouse in 2018, BetAmerica in 2019.
- Golden Nugget Casino - Considered one of the most recognizable names in NJ gaming, the Golden Nugget Online Casino is the whole package. It offers new players up to $1,000 free on a first deposit welcome bonus plus 200 free spins on selected slot machines. The layout for the Golden Nugget is all about the games. The Golden Nugget slot library rivals any in New Jersey. Players will also like the ability to earn $10 instantly using play+ and there’s the ability to select your game by studio, game type or theme. The Golden Nugget also has demo play, so you can test drive a game before using real money on it.
- BetRivers - Formerly the SugarHouse Casino, BetRivers rolled into New Jersey in August of 2022. It offers a 100% match bonus up to $500 with a deposit code and also has a strong list of promotions for its sportsbook. BetRivers gives you the option to search for a game you like instead of scrolling through the list. Also, if you hit a big bet, your user name will pop on the winner's scroll. BetRivers also has a link at the top of the screen to games that are “hot” meaning ones that have paid big in the last hour. There are live dealer options, video poker, and Slingo. BetRivers offers something for every type of player, regardless of which games you enjoy.
- FanDuel - One of the biggest sportsbooks in the world, FanDuel became a full-fledged online casino in New Jersey in July of 2021. FanDuel offers a “Play It Again” bonus, which will refund you up to $1,000 after your first day. The friend referral bonus – a staple of most online casinos – is even sweeter at FanDuel, and they give you $50 for the casino and $50 for use on the sportsbook. There are numerous live dealer options, lots of blackjack, hundreds of slot machines, and the chance to mark a game as a favorite, so you can always return to it. Oh, and your FanDuel Daily Fantasy Sports account easily links to the online casino.
- BetWay - BetWay has sister sites in Pennsylvania, Colorado, and Indiana but didn’t come to the Garden State until 2021. It still has a fresh look. The welcome bonus is a $1,000 deposit match. BetWay has plenty of branded and jackpot slots, video and casino poker, craps, and blackjack options that can be easily found. BetWay doesn’t have the deepest menu of games to play, but it has some good ones. With years of experience internationally, BetWay knows what players want, and they deliver an outstanding product.
- Stardust - Formerly a familiar part of the Las Vegas Strip, the new Stardust online casino in New Jersey brought some Vegas style over when it launched in April of 2021. The site is filled with jackpot slots, roulette and blackjack games, and all kinds of versions of poker. Besides the usual welcome bonus and other promotions, Stardust touts its own Loyalty Club and special VIP Perks for its best players. The site, which has recently taken over Pala and Scores online casinos, is filled with jackpot slots, roulette and blackjack games, and all kinds of versions of poker. Besides the usual welcome bonus and other promotions, Stardust touts its own Loyalty Club and special VIP Perks for its best players.
Hard Rock Hotel and Casino
One of New Jersey’s newest casinos, the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino has been part of the Atlantic City landscape since 2018. As the name would imply, Hard Rock has always marched to its own beat. Hard Rock hosts its own branded and slickly-designed online casino partners and has an NJ licensing agreement with two big global brands: Unibet NJ and Bet365 Casino NJ.
- Hard Rock Casino – They call it Hard Rock for a reason. The welcome bonus is quite nice, offering a 100 percent online bonus match up to $1,000 on your first deposit, plus 50 free spins on slot game Bonanza upon registration. There are also free spins offered daily when you log in. Throw into the Hard Rock package the Evolution Live Dealer Games, a wealth of slot and table games and clearly, Hard Rock NJ has a lot going for it.
- NJ Unibet – Another Hard Rock AC land-based partner, Unibet, one of the biggest sportsbooks in the world, came onto the New Jersey scene in 2018. Sharing a platform with its online sportsbook, your Unibet bankroll will be available for both online casino play or sports wagers. The casino bonus is a $1000 deposit match when you first register. Unibet has regular ongoing online promotions to supplement its offering of 300+ quality casino games.
- Bet365 Casino – Sleek and modern design coupled with amazing graphics tells you that Bet365 Casino knows what it’s doing. The U.K./European touch is evident with Microgaming, PlayTech, and NetEnt supplying a wide range of slots, plus plenty of original and exclusive table and arcade games content. The new player bonus is $1,000 on a deposit match. Just one click away from the slick online lobby is the world-leading Bet365 Sportbook with more betting markets than any other platform in the world today.
Ocean Resort Casino
Ocean Resort Casino opened its doors as Revel Casino in 2012 to alter the Atlantic City skyline. It has since been redeveloped and purchased in 2018 and is now branded Ocean Resort. In addition to its own online casino site, which spawned in 2018, it welcomed Parx NJ Online Casino under a licensing deal in 2019, and Tipico Online Casino launched under an Ocean Resort license in 2021.
- Ocean Online Casino – Ocean Online Casino has a different feel because of its unique GAN software. The welcome bonus is a 100% deposit matchup up to $1,200, an unusually generous offer that also includes 50 free spins. The home page has a scroll at the top listing big winners and the games they won. Players can pick their slot machine games through a variety of themes, including “ocean themed.” The Ocean Online Casino is great for setting sail on a new casino adventure.
- NJ Parx Casino – This casino is popular in Pennsylvania, and any quality New Jersey resident will notice that right away with the listing for the 76ers and Eagles at the top of the screen. New users can get up to $1000 back to cover losses from their first 24 hours of playing casino games. BetParx doesn’t have the same depth of games as other sites, but it has an acceptable range of offerings, including table, slot games, and sports roulette. The site is smooth and easy to navigate.
- PlayStar - PlayStar launched in New Jersey on Halloween in 2022 and has already provided players with plenty of enjoyable treats. New players can get their first deposit matched up to $500 and collect 500 free spins. PlayStar also has a unique “Road Trip” promotion where every $1 wagered on slots moves you a mile, and you can collect a guarantee of free spins or a $50 Star Rewards voucher. This Swedish company knows the gaming industry, and it shows with its excellent user interface and easy-to-navigate interface.
- Tipico - Tipico is the only New Jersey online casino that gives you step-by-step guides to playing baccarat, blackjack, and roulette. It even provides information on creating a winning strategy for these table games. How about that? Tipico has a big sportsbook affiliated with the USA Today newspaper chain and a large casino filled with slots and table games. The welcome bonus is a 150% percent deposit match up to $250 and 200 free spins. Slot players will find plenty of choices as it offers several Mega Drop jackpot games and High 5 Rapid Rewards games to choose from.
Resorts Casino Hotel Atlantic City
One of the oldest New Jersey online casinos, the historic Resorts Casino Hotel has been a fixture on the Atlantic City scene since 1978. Resorts Casino Hotel opened its own online casino of the same name in 2015, and the Mohegan Sun Online Casino opened under a Resorts Casino Hotel land-based casino licensing agreement that same year.
- Resorts Casino – The Resorts Online Casino home page is static, meaning the games don’t shift and move. In a way, that’s refreshing. The layout is clean and user friendly. The new player bonus is a 100% deposit match of up to $1000, which is enticing. Resorts is home to one of NJ’s biggest slot collections – locals will like the Jersey Devil slot – and lots of weekly promotions. Resorts also offers jackpot slots, live dealer games, and “House Money” New Jersey’s first online casino game show. Resorts has a smaller footprint than other NJ online casinos but excels at what it does.
- Mohegan Sun – The palatial Connecticut casino has its New Jersey connection through its Resorts license and offers a colorful and deep online page. Users will note a slightly different layout than most online NJ casinos with the rail down the left side, noting the slot offerings, Slingo, table games, and video poker games. Mohegan Sun bills itself as the cashback casino and offers new players 100% up to $1000 on their first deposit. There are also daily promotions, including another deposit match for up to $250 for VIP players. Everything is better under the sun.
- PokerStars - It’s all about competition and cards at PokerStars. There are two main headings, the PokerStars casino, and just plain PokerStars, which calls itself the “home of poker.” On the casino side, new customers can get a 100 percent deposit match up to $1500, and can earn $100 after a single bet of at least one dollar. Of course, you can find great poker games on both sites. But it’s not just all about poker, the casino has slot games and “races” where you can score points and win prizes. The sportsbook is associated with FoxBet, so everything you need is here in one location.
- DraftKings - The sheer scale of DraftKings makes it one of the must-see stops on your online casino journey. It has over 1,000 slot games to try out (over 100 are jackpot), plus the ability to pick one of three sweet welcome bonuses, including a 100% match up to $2,000 on your first deposit. DraftKings delivers exclusive games along with all the standard table games. With Slingo, Keno, video poker, and plenty more at your fingertips – don’t forget the DFS games – DraftKings has it all.
- Barstool - Barstool may have a reputation that is borderline based on some of its antics, but its online casino is no joke. Barstool built its New Jersey online casino in August of 2021, and it has a wide selection of slots and focuses on live dealer action for its table games. It makes it easy to switch to its massive sportsbook to the casino and back again through the well-designed app. New casino players get 100% insurance on casino wagering up to a max of $1000 in Casino Bonus Cash during their first 24 hours.
Bally’s Atlantic City
Bally’s Atlantic City has been a fixture on the famous Boardwalk dating back to 1900, and just underwent a $100 million renovation project before reopening in summer of 2022. The floor space indoors now has a rotating bar, the “Carousel Bar.” While undergoing renovations of its retail space, Bally’s launched its own dedicated online casino site. Gamesys operates the Bally’s Casino New Jersey website under the license issued by the State of New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement.
- Bally’s Casino online - When you first log on to Ballycasino.com, you’ll see red (the website has a red backdrop), and then hopefully green. Bally’s offers new players $50 when you sign up, plus up to $100 risk-free on your first deposit. Bally’s has a large selection of slot machines and table games, multi-stake bingo, live dealer options, and the chance to log in weekly and earn free spins. Being a Bally’s VIP member unlocks bonuses and personalized gameplay advice. There’s no link to an online sportsbook, but Bally’s has everything new players need on their online journey.
- PointsBet -Worldwide sportsbook operator PointsBet (known for their European soccer) created multi-year partnership with Twin River Worldwide Holdings in mid-2020, leading to the launch of PointsBet Casino online in New Jersey. It launched as a sportsbook in the US in January 2019. The online casino site looks good and loads smoothly, creating a pleasant experience. It’s loaded with slots, video poker, and table games, but it doesn’t greet new players with any bonus perks. PointsBet has a unique sportsbook with one-of-a-kind features called PointsBetting (where you can earn more profit based on the final margin of victory), PointsBet is a welcome addition to a crowded New Jersey gambling landscape.
- Virgin Casino - Virgin was one of New Jersey’s first online casinos, operating through a partnership with the Tropicana, but now lives under the Bally’s umbrella. The Virgin gives new players up to $100 in real cash back when they sign up. The site is divided into three sections: online casino, online slots, and online bingo, plus the ability to play for free (so you can find the game you like). There is no option for a sportsbook or live dealer games. Virgin offers table games and branded slots that you won’t find anywhere else.
* Note: online poker rooms and online bingo rooms have specifically been excluded.
Why Choose NJ Online Casinos?
- Play Anytime, Anywhere
No driving to the casino and fighting traffic. No finding a place to park at the garage. No waiting for a spot at the blackjack table or your favorite slot machine. You can control the stakes. Want to bet $100 a hand on blackjack, go ahead, want to play penny slots for hours, you can do that too. The best thing about a New Jersey online casino is the fact that all you need is an internet connection to play. Just ensure that your geolocation software is up to date so the operator can verify you’re physically present in NJ.
- More Operators = Better Odds
New Jersey is the capital of online gaming in the U.S., with multiple operators running multiple sites. This number breeds a level of competition that doesn’t exist with physical casinos. This means promotions that constantly are getting updated, fantastic odds, and return-to-player rates, because the NJ gambling sites know you can easily click away from their site to another.
- Licensed and Legal
Listen, we know there are other off-shore casino sites out there, but why would you want to risk your hard-earned money at a site that is unregulated? You could get caught in a situation where your deposited money vanishes or find odds that are too good to be true…because they are. New Jersey has put a structure in place to ensure that NJ gambling sites are trustworthy with strong security measures. You can trust your money at an NJ regulated online casino.
- One Account betting has taken off in America, and operators like Caesars, FanDuel and Bally’s, among others, all have online casinos linked to their sportsbooks. You only need one account at each of the operators to play, so you can turn a big sportsbook win into money to play blackjack and vice versa.
You should always view your online gambling habits as another entertainment expense, but one where there’s a chance for a significant payout at the end. You never go to the movies or a concert and walk out with $50 more than you walked in with. That’s the possibility of a NJ online casino. Throw in the fact that there are great welcome bonuses and the opportunity to win free spins, and you’ll have a great time throughout your NJ Online Gambling experience.
NJ Online Casino Bonuses and Promotions
What Are Bonuses?
Online casinos offer promos, rewards, and welcome offers to new players. These take the form of bonuses. There are many distinct bonuses, including welcome bonuses, no deposit bonuses, free spins bonuses, game-specific bonuses, and more. Each offer is unique, and many bonus offers are mutually exclusive.
It is incumbent upon players to carefully read the terms and conditions of the bonuses to ensure compliance with the playthrough requirements. Certain online casino games contribute more, dollar for dollar, towards clearing the bonuses than others. Slots typically contribute 100%, while card games like blackjack or baccarat contribute minimally, if at all.
What Are Promotions?
Online casinos in New Jersey take care of their existing players too. A variety of promotional offers are readily available to players already registered with the online casino. Promotional offers include daily deals, re-deposit bonuses, leader board bonuses, multi-deposit bonuses, VIP loyalty rewards, friend referral bonuses, and the like. Promotions include bonuses that are offered to existing players.
In all instances, bonuses and promotional offers are subject to minimum/maximum amounts, time constraints, and possible game limitations.
What Welcome Bonuses Are NJ Online Casinos Offering Right Now?
At Online Casinos NJ, players can stay abreast of the latest bonuses and promotional offers at the best online casinos in NJ. In-house casino experts routinely scour the web for the latest bonuses and promotional offers, including deposit match bonuses, no deposit bonuses, free spins bonuses, multi-deposit bonuses, and friend referral bonuses.
Who Is Eligible for A No Deposit Bonus?
No deposit bonus offers are exclusively geared towards new players signing up at a New Jersey online casino. These unique offers have a zero-deposit requirement to qualify for the no deposit bonus. However, players will be required to register, verify their accounts, and meet the T&C of the wagering requirements before cashing out winnings from a no deposit bonus. Eligibility is restricted to first-time players who are at least 21+ years of age.
All licensed and regulated online casinos in New Jersey offer players the widest possible coverage when it comes to online casino games. These include low minimum bets and high maximum bets, for casual players and high rollers alike. Different variants of the same games are readily available, particularly with slots, card games, table games, and scratch games. Each online casino game has a unique set of rules governing gameplay, with an RTP and payout schedule to boot. Jackpot games are readily available to players, with Daily Jackpots, Local Area Progressive Jackpots, and Wide-Area Progressive Jackpot games too.
Current Bonuses and Promotions
|No Deposit Registration Bonus||$10 Free with Registration||$25 Free with Registration|
|Match Deposit Welcome Bonus||50% up to $1000||100% up to $1,000|
For the full list of Bonuses and Promotions please visit our Bonus and Promotions Page
What Online Casino Games Are Legal In NJ?
NJ real money online casino games include multiple variants of the following popular card games, table games, and slot machine games:
- Online Craps
- Online Roulette
- Online Baccarat
- Online Blackjack
- Online Scratchers
- Online Video Poker
- Online Bingo Games
- Online Virtual sports
- Online Slingo Games
- Online Live Dealer Games
- Online Slot Machine Games
Popular Casino Games
For the full list of Popular Casino Games, please visit our Online Casino Games Page
NJ Online Casino Mobile Apps
Online casino players in New Jersey have two options for playing real money casino games on the go. The first option is simply navigating to the NJ online casino URL from a mobile device (smartphone, tablet, or phablet). This mobile-friendly way to access online casino games provides secure access to the online casino from anywhere in New Jersey. Games typically play with Flash player functionality or HTML 5.
The other option available to mobile casino players is a full-download mobile casino app.
iOS users can download and install the casino app from the App Store, and Android users can simply navigate to the online casino in New Jersey from their mobile device and download and install the app directly from the casino platform. The apps are free to download and install, and the same credentials (username/password) are used. Greater functionality is provided with mobile apps, including a powerful user interface, feature-rich gaming, and full access to all the online casino’s features, including banking, registration, gaming, and customer support.
Regardless of the options – mobile casino apps or mobile access through the URL – the same game selection is typically available to players.
Do All Of New Jersey’s Online Casinos Offer A Mobile Casino App?
The App Store and Google Play Store permit real money online casinos and betting for regulated operators in New Jersey. Previously, Google maintained a zero-tolerance policy towards real money betting apps at the Google Play Store, but this was overturned in July 2017. NJ online casinos are all ‘mobile equipped’ with responsive platforms which can be accessed on Android and iOS devices. Apps are readily available at the App Store, with full download software for iPad and desktop Mac devices.
For many online casinos, the software can be downloaded on-site or direct through the App Store, and the Google Play Store. Dedicated downloads of mobile casino software are posted on our site at NJ online casinos. For Android, however, it is necessary for online casino players to navigate to the security settings on their phones, enable unknown sources, and download the app to get started. All New Jersey online casinos provide a mobile casino app option.
Which of NJ’s Online Casinos Offers The Best Mobile Casino App?
NJ online casinos are typically ranked according to a series of criteria, notably unbiased player reviews, popularity, game offerings, bonuses and promotional offers, jackpots, and quality of customer support. The ranking NJ online casinos typically provide service excellence with their mobile casino options. Among the best mobile casino apps on the market in NJ are the following:
NJ online casinos are continually tweaking their mobile gaming platforms to ensure the highest levels of player satisfaction, with responsive designs, maximum use of screen real estate, feature-rich gameplay, and immersive appeal.
NJ Online Casino Registration
The registration process at NJ online casinos is quick and easy to complete. Geolocation tracking of a player’s location is necessary to verify that players are within the geographic boundaries of New Jersey. Once all the information is updated and verified, players can easily fund their online casino accounts and play real-money casino games.
What Information Do I Need to Register?
The following information is required to register at an online casino in NJ:
– First Name and Last Name
– Full Mailing Address
– Date of Birth (DOB)
– Telephone Number
– Social Security Number
Once players input basic account information, various security-related questions and answers must be answered. Identity is validated through ID, Driver’s License, or Passport. A utility bill serves as proof of residence. The registration process is designed for quick & easy completion. Once the registration team has verified the data, players will be able to access their online casino account, claim bonuses, and start playing real-money online casino games.
I’m Going to Be Visiting NJ from Another State, Can I Register To Play For Real Money At One Of NJ’s Online Casinos?
Anyone can open a NJ online casino account from anywhere. The demo-play option is available to all players (21+) at NJ online casinos, but only legal-age players (21+) physically present in New Jersey can play real-money online casino games.
NJ Online Casino History Snapshot
Here are the fast facts about NJ Online casinos:
- The law allowing NJ online gambling was signed by Gov. Chris Christie on Feb. 26, 2013.
- The first NJ online casinos went live on November 21, 2013.
- As of March 2023, there are currently 28 legal online casino sites.
- Each online casino must be partnered with a land-based casino in Atlantic City.
- Players must be 21 years old or older and be physically present in NJ to play.
- Starburst by NetEnt is considered the most popular online slot in the world.
NJ Online Casino Laws and Regulations
Online gambling laws in NJ allow all legal casinos to offer casino games for real money. NJ law permits Blackjack, Baccarat, Roulette, Video Slots, Classic Slots, Progressive Slots, Craps, and Video Poker. The laws require all NJ online casinos to be licensed with the DGE and use servers physically located within the state. They must also partner with a land-based casino in Atlantic City.
Regulations stipulate that all casino games have fully verifiable RNG (Random Number Generator) outcomes. The RNG helps to ensure that every card dealt, every slot spin, and craps roll is 100 percent random and verified accordingly.
Are There Legal Online Casinos In NJ?
Yes, there are legal online casinos in NJ. The state law about online casino gaming in New Jersey was passed in 2013 and permits online gambling for all players 21 years of age or older that are physically present in New Jersey. Only DGE-licensed and regulated online casinos partnered with land-based casinos in Atlantic City are allowed to provide online casino games to players. Outside operators, i.e. online casinos registered in other states or countries, are illegal in NJ. Licensed and regulated Internet gaming sites are approved to run online casino games 24 hours a day.
The New Jersey State Legislature passed bill A2578 authored by Senator Ray Lesniak, on February 26, 2013. The final draft passed the Assembly 68-5, and the Senate 35-1, and was signed into law by Governor Chris Christie. Authorized sites include the Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa, Caesars Interactive Entertainment, Golden Nugget Atlantic City, Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, Ocean Resort Casino, Resort Casino Hotel Atlantic City, and the Tropicana Casino Resort Atlantic City. Each of these Atlantic City-based venues features online casinos for players to enjoy.
Licensed Online Casinos in New Jersey
|Casino||License Holder||Launch Date||Software|
Launch DateAugust 2020
Launch DateAugust 2022
Launch DateJanuary 2014
Launch DateNovember 2013
SoftwareEzugi & Evolution
Launch DateNovember 2013, March 2018 -launched its first standalone casino site in NJ
Launch DateAugust 2017
Launch DateNovember 2013
Launch DateNovember 2013
Launch DateNovember 2013
Launch DateJuly 2020
License HolderGolden Nugget
Launch DateDecember 2013
SoftwareSG Digital OpenBet
License HolderGolden Nugget
Launch DateApril 2021
License HolderGolden Nugget
Launch DateJuly 2021
License HolderGolden Nugget
Launch DateAugust 2022
SoftwareRush Street Interactive
License HolderGolden Nugget
Launch DateAugust 2021
License HolderHard Rock
Launch DateJune 2018
License HolderHard Rock
Launch DateJanuary 2019
License HolderHard Rock
Launch DateMarch 2019
License HolderOcean Casino Resort
Launch DateJuly 2018
License HolderOcean Casino Resort
Launch DateOctober 2019
License HolderOcean Casino Resort
Launch DateNovember 2021
License HolderOcean Casino Resort
Launch DateOctober 2022
SoftwareGaming Innovation Group (GiG)
Launch DateFebruary 2015
SoftwareSG Digital OpenBet
Launch DateJuly 2015
SoftwareSG Digital OpenBet
Launch DateMarch 2016
Launch DateJune 2020
Launch DateAugust 2021
Launch DateNovember 2013
What Regulations Do NJ Online Casinos Need to Follow to Be Granted A License?
Extensive details of the DGEs rules regarding online casino licensing and regulation are documented in 45 NJR 6(1), filed on May 13, 2013. A summary of these regulations for New NJ online casinos includes the following:
- Online casino operators are required to file an Internet Gaming Permit Application
- Online casino operators must issue an Initial Internet Gaming Disclosure Statement
- Online casino operators must provide Quarterly Internet Gaming Disclosure Statements
Players can rest assured that all NJ online casino servers are physically located in NJ. The land-based casinos that NJ online casinos partner with are based in Atlantic City, New Jersey. This means that players do not have to worry about foreign companies, or foreign governments controlling data, communications, and interactions between players and casinos. Furthermore, NJ online casinos are expressly prohibited from offering casino games online to anyone located outside of NJ. The integrity of all online gaming operations in New Jersey is 100% secure, with complete transparency, accountability, and credibility at all times.
Foreign-based casino platforms and software providers [with NJ licensing] operate in the regulated online gaming arena, subject to the rules listed above. Public records of partnerships between land-based casinos and the online casinos they operate with are readily available online, courtesy of The State of New Jersey, Department of Law & Public Safety, Office of the Attorney General, and the Division of Gaming Enforcement. Seven authorized sites in Atlantic City operate a total of 28 online casino platforms and online poker platforms.
Among others, all NJ online casinos are required to post details of their DGE Licensed & Regulated badges on site. All casino games, including card games, table games, and slots games must have fully verifiable RNG-determined outcomes. These Random Number Generators ensure that every card dealt, every craps roll, every slot spin, and every roulette game is 100% random, and verified accordingly. RNG numbers are posted on the sites for NJ-licensed online casinos.
Who Can Play in NJ Approved Online Casinos for Real Money?
According to NJDGE regulations, all legal-age players (21+) who are physically present in New Jersey can play online casino games for real money. New Jersey state law does not require that players are residents of NJ, to play real-money casino games.
How Can I Tell If an Online Casino Is Licensed In New Jersey?
All NJ approved online casinos are required by law to display the NJDGE (New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement) seal on their gaming platform. The following wording [or versions thereof] is typically displayed near the footer of the homepage, and all online casino pages: ‘This site has been authorized by the State of New Jersey, Division of Gaming Enforcement for use by registered users physically present in New Jersey…’
Players are required to practice due diligence when assessing the credibility of an online casino operator. It is imperative to cross-reference an online casino’s NJDGE licensing with the official Division of Gaming Enforcement website, which clearly lists all licensed and regulated online casino operators. Alternatively, legal-age players in NJ are welcome to consult the Best Online Casinos NJ guide for a comprehensive listing of approved online casino operators.
NJ Online Casino Security
The safety and security of online gambling activity is the single most important strategic objective of the NJDGE. To this end, the gaming authorities and NJ Online Casino Sites themselves pour tremendous time, effort, and expertise into guaranteeing the integrity of player accounts. These include connections between players and servers, preventing underage gambling, security against DDOS attacks, and third-party interception of sensitive personal information.
Are NJ’s Online Casino Games Safe to Play?
Only fully licensed and regulated online casinos are 100% safe and secure in New Jersey. Outside operators providing services to New Jersey players are illegal and are NOT regulated and monitored by NJDGE. The safety measures put in effect by NJ online casinos include SSL encryption (secure socket layer) with bank-level security protocols in effect. Additional safety measures include firewall protection, username/password combinations, account verification systems, and geolocation tracking technology.
Naturally, legal-age players in NJ are responsible for practicing safe online casino gameplay. This includes avoiding public Wi-Fi when connecting to an online casino, always logging out when you’re not involved in a real-money gaming session, self-excluding if you have gambling problems, and carefully managing PC, Mac, and mobile login devices. It is wise to create strong passwords and change them frequently. Up-to-date antivirus software is an absolute necessity. Online casino gaming in NJ is as safe as online banking.
Viewed in perspective, the safety and security of online casino game play in NJ is ironclad. All interactions between online casino players and the online casino Site are protected with the identical encryption protocols used by the banking industry.
Is My Personal Information Safe?
Every registered player at an approved online casino in New Jersey can rest assured that the integrity of their personal information is protected. The KYC policies (Know Your Customer), and privacy policies detail precisely how a user’s personal information is protected, what information is shared, and how the online casino uses this information. If an online casino player needs to reset an account password, proof of ID must be provided, challenge questions must be answered, and a notification will be sent to the player indicating the requested modification. This will be done via email or regular mail.
Is My Money Safe With a NJ Online Casino Site?
New Jersey online gaming legislation mandates that online casinos maintain separate accounts for players and online casino operations. This protects players in the event of bankruptcy, insolvency, or monetary disputes with the online casino in question. The safety of player funds is a top priority at online casinos in the Garden State. In fact, the safety of your money at the best online casinos in NJ is on par with the safety of your money at online banking sites in NJ.
Is There Any Player Recourse in The Event of Non-Payment Or Breach Of Trust?
All legal online casinos in New Jersey are fully licensed, monitored, and regulated. This means they operate according to a strict legal framework, with watchdog authorities carefully monitoring their activities. Recourse in the event of a dispute, breach of trust, or non-payment is easily done by contacting the customer service team at the NJ online casino Site in question. Queries can be escalated to the highest level at the casino. Multiple contact options are readily available to players at online casinos, including telephone support with a customer service professional, live chat functionality with a real live agent in real-time, and email assistance.
If queries remain unresolved, players should escalate the problem to the complaints department of the online casino. It’s always a good idea to include additional multimedia files such as screenshots, video recordings, or other relevant files. The New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement (DGE) can be contacted for player-related queries and complaints. The email address is [email protected], and the telephone number is 609-292-9394. The Division of Gaming Enforcement should be used as a last resort – the better option is to contact the online casino and resolve it amicably.
NJ Online Casinos Revenue
Each month the NJ Division of Gaming Enforcement releases the revenue totals for each of the licensed operators. As of June 2023, the Golden Nugget has accrued $1.77 billion in total revenue, the most of any New Jersey online casino operator, all of that coming from its slot and table game offerings. (The Golden Nugget doesn’t have poker). Coming in second is the Borgata ($1.65 billion), followed by Resorts ($1.32 billion), Caesars ($615 million), the Tropicana ($502 million), the Hard Rock ($253 million), Ocean ($84.9 million) and Bally’s ($74.7 million).
NJ Gambling Sites Revenue
The revenue amassed by NJ online casinos comes almost entirely from online casino games, with one estimate saying 95 percent, with five percent coming from poker. Broken down even further, 70 percent of the revenue comes from online slots, with the remaining coming from live dealer and table games. Slot games are more enticing to players because of the ability to quickly acquire comp points toward VIP programs and the fact that new games are constantly being added to the menu. NJ legal online casino games have a better RTP (Return To Player) rate than the physical casinos in Atlantic City. This is due to the level of competition among the operators.
State Revenue From Gambling Sites
New Jersey taxes casino operators on the revenue they produce from online casino play at 17.5 percent. As the revenue from NJ online casinos has grown, so has the cut that goes to the state. One estimate is that New Jersey has received just short of $1 billion total since 2013. In 2022, it was officially $526 million. That money goes into the state’s general fund to fund various public and private programs.
NJ Online Casinos Payment Methods
Banks across the Garden State are more than happy to work with all licensed online casinos to provide the widest possible coverage of deposit and withdrawal options.
What Banking Options Are Popular at NJ Online Casinos?
Typical online casino payment methods include the following options:
Top 5 NJ Online Casino Payment Options
For the full list of payment options available for Deposits and Withdrawals please visit our payment options page
How Do I Deposit Money into One of NJ’s Top Rated Online Casinos?
There are several steps involved in depositing money into your NJ online casino account. The first step requires registering at an online casino in New Jersey, verifying your account information, and then proceeding to ‘My Account’ or the ‘Cashier’ to make a deposit. The list of accepted banking methods is provided on site, and typically includes credit cards, debit cards, bank transfers, and e-Wallets. Simply scroll through the list of available deposit methods and pick the deposit option most convenient to you. All deposits are guaranteed safe and secure, with instant transfers and zero fees. Players must ensure that the transferring account has funds available before a deposit is made.
Can I Use PayPal To Deposit Money to NJ’s Online Casinos?
Yes. PayPal is readily available to players at NJ online casinos for deposit and withdrawal purposes.
NJ Online Casino FAQs
Are online casinos legal in New Jersey?
The state law permitting online casino gaming in New Jersey was passed in 2013. It authorized online gambling for all players 21 years of age or older that were physically present in New Jersey. Only DGE-licensed and regulated online casinos that have partnerships with land-based casinos in Atlantic City are eligible to provide online casino games for players.
Outside operators, like online casinos registered in other states or countries, are illegal in NJ. The licensed and regulated gaming sites are approved to run online casino games 24 hours a day.
The New Jersey State Legislature passed bill A2578 on February 26, 2013, and was signed into law by Governor Chris Christie. As of early 2023, authorized sites include Bally’s Atlantic City, the Borgata Hotel Casino and Spa, the Golden Nugget Atlantic City, the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, Ocean Resort Casino, Resorts Casino Hotel, and the Tropicana Casino Resort.
How Can I Tell If an Online Casino Is Legal in NJ?
Legal NJ online casinos proudly display their licensing and regulation with the NJ Division of Gaming Enforcement, otherwise known as the. DGE. This is clearly visible on site and should be cross-referenced with the DGE. We provide information on all licensed online casinos in NJ.
How many online casinos are there in New Jersey?
There are 28 NJ online casino as of the time of this writing - Ballys has three partnerships, the Borgata runs three, Caesars has five, the Golden Nugget has five, the Hard Rock has three, Ocean Resort is connected to four, and Resorts has fiv, the Hard Rock has three, Ocean Resort is connected to four, and Resorts has five.
Which online casino is the best in NJ?
That depends on what you’re looking for. If you are interested in a big welcome bonus to get you started, Ocean Online may be the best, with up to $1,200 back on your first deposit. Tipico is great for total novices in that it has explanations online of how to play games like baccarat and blackjack. The Borgata has over 1,000 slot machine titles to play. BetMGM has an awesome rewards program that lets you earn points toward prizes and perks. Each online casino in NJ has something special to offer in its quest to be the best casino online NJ.
How old do I have to be to gamble in NJ?
21. The Casino Control Act in New Jersey doesn’t allow anyone under the age of 21 from gambling in an Atlantic City casino or another simulcast facility. A conviction could result in a fine of up to $1,000 and the suspension of a driver’s license.
When was New Jersey casino gambling legalized?
Legalized casino gaming was approved by New Jersey residents in 1976 to help redevelop the landscape of Atlantic City. In 1977, the New Jersey Casino Control Act was signed into law. Online casino gaming was approved in 2013 but specified that the gambler be 21 and play from a computer located within New Jersey. In 2018, Governor Phil Murphy signed Bill 4111, legalizing sports betting at casinos and racetracks within New Jersey. The first online sports bet was taken in August.
Do I need to live in NJ to place an online bet?
No. You do not need to live in New Jersey to place an online bet, but you do need to be within state borders to log on to a New Jersey online casino, create an account and place a bet. Part of the regulatory process for NJ online casinos meant that the operators could use geolocation software to track the physical location of the device making the bet. An active wifi network within New Jersey would also be sufficient.
Are online casinos in New Jersey safe?
Safety measures put in by NJ online casinos include SSL encryption (secure socket layer) methods with bank-level protocols in place. Additional safety measures are provided through firewall protection, username/password combinations for the player, multi-factor verification systems, and geolocation tracking technology.
The burden falls on legal-age players in NJ to exhibit safe online gameplay. This means creating strong passwords, not logging on from a public wifi network, and using antivirus software. All interactions between the online casino player and the casino site are protected with the same encryption protocols used by the banking industry. These are measures that help online NJ casinos be the best.
Do I have to pay taxes on my winnings?
Yes, you must pay federal income tax on all forms of gambling winnings or gambling income, including casino winnings and lotteries from an NJ gambling site. The federal income tax rate is 24 percent on all casino winnings for U.S. residents, and the state income tax rate for New Jersey is three percent which is required on all gambling winnings.
Can I play NJ casino games for free?
Yes, a handful of NJ online casinos do offer you the opportunity to play games for free or in “demo mode.” The Virgin Casino allows players to try out slot machines online without using any real money. This way, players can find the style and theme of the game they like before using any real money from their account.
Do NJ online casinos offer VIP or Loyalty programs?
Just about all of them do. Most are aligned in that the more you play, the more bonus bets, free spins, or perks you acquire. BetMGM has the MGM Rewards Points program where players approach tiers with prizes associated with each milestone, like dining credits and room upgrades. The Golden Nugget has the “Ultimate Rewards” program where players can earn points for the amount of money they play. Ocean Rewards has four tiers with benefits and offers based on your play. The Caesars Rewards program gives members discounts on hotel stays, and every 100 Reward Credits is worth $1 in bonus cash.
What Types of Payment Options Are Available at NJs Online Casinos?
New Jersey online casinos feature a variety of payment processing options. These include a popular selection of debit cards and credit cards such as Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. Other options include PayPal, Cash at Cage, bank transfer and cryptocurrency. We encourage you to read our NJ online casino reviews for details of the banking methods that are available. Each of the offered payment options is guaranteed safe and secure, with full encryption, firewall protection, and ID verification.
When did the first NJ gambling site open?
November 2013 was when the state began to allow in-state online gambling. New Jersey was the first state to allow a full range of casino games online, not just poker.