PayPal is a globally renowned online money transfer platform, offering free registration to users in over 200 countries, including the United States. The payment method is popular in NJ casinos for its instant processing speeds, ensuring deposits and withdrawals are available immediately after processing requests. Top-of-the-range security keeps your details and funds safe from prying hands. The cherry on this proverbial cake is the PayPal app, downloadable from the Google Play Store or App Store.
PayPal Online Casinos in New Jersey
- Top PayPal Casinos in NJ
- What is PayPal?
- PayPal Safety and Security
- How to Deposit Using PayPal in NJ Casinos
- How to Withdraw Using PayPal in NJ Casinos
- PayPal Transaction Fees
- PayPal Customer Support Service
- Advantages of Using PayPal
- Disadvantages of Using PayPal
- PayPal vs. Other Deposit Methods
- Paypal Online Casino FAQs
PayPal is a widely supported banking option in New Jersey online casinos. Online-casinos-nj.com takes on the liberty of filtering the chaff by looking into gaming sites’ operating licenses, bonuses, games, security measures, and client care. Here is a breakdown of what online casinos accept PayPal and meet our criteria:
- Golden Nugget Casino: This casino matches the iconic status of its land-based inspiration and provides an entertaining gambling experience. With PayPal deposits, you can access 700+ games from over 20 software providers, including Big Time Gaming, NetEnt, and WMS. After registration and a cash commitment, the casino awards a 100% match of up to $1,000 and 200 free spins.
- Hard Rock Casino: Beyond being an online casino that accepts PayPal, Hard Rock inspires a great deal of confidence with the established brand around it that has been operational since the 1990s. The casino’s fairness and safety are not a concern thanks to its brand identity with the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement.
- Caesars Casino: Caesars delivers a Roman Luxury experience with 500+ casino games, a $2,000 welcome bonus, and a six-tier Caesars Rewards program. The casino supports minimum deposits of $20 that PayPal processes instantly. The payment method also supports withdrawals of $20 - $10,000 per transaction; they are processed within 0 – 24 hours.
- 888 Casino: This PayPal casino online is a household name in the NJ gambling scene with a multitude of features that make it a mainstay. The casino is one of a few with an in-house team developing exclusive games from slots to live dealer tables. It plumps its portfolio with games from gold-standard studios like NetEnt, Red Tiger, Evolution Gaming, and Playtech.
- Resorts Casino: 600+ titles make up the real money game collection in Resorts Casino in a taste of Atlantic City gambling. The casino site offers a hearty welcome package of $1,000 in a 100% match promotion. You can play on the go with the Resorts Casino app, downloadable on Android and iOS mobile phones.
- Mohegan Sun Casino: This casino is an online extension of Connecticut’s legendary Mohegan Sun Casino Resort. It features over 600 PayPal slot games, 17 table games, 18 video pokers, and 20 live dealer games. You get up to $1,000 on your first deposits. As a returning patron, you get free spins, cashbacks, match promotions, and VIP loyalty rewards.
- SugarHouse Casino: Branded as BetRivers in New Jersey, SugarHouse Casino features over 1,600 real money games, one of the most extensive collections. NJ players can register and use the casino as a PC website or mobile app on Android and iOS smartphones. In both the app and online casino, PayPal is a supported payment provider.
- Harrah’s Casino: This somewhat new PayPal casino is a sister site to Caesars Casino, also operated like the legendary Caesars Interactive Entertainment LLC. You receive 20 free spins in this PayPal real money online casino, no deposit required, simply for registration, and a further 100% matchup and 100 free spins after depositing. Daily Jackpots, Weekly Playbacks, Mystery Tuesdays, and Double Up Wednesdays await you on subsequent visits.
- Pala Casino: Launched in 2014, Pala offers online casino services exclusively to NJ gamblers. PayPal is among the accepted payment providers that are supported to explore its 500+ game portfolio, including slots, blackjack, roulette, poker, and live dealer games. The casino awards the first real money deposit with up to $500 in a 100% match promotion.
- Bally Casino: While it features a small library of 200+ games, this PayPal casino offers unmissable classics and modern exclusives for real money play. You can roam the virtual casino floor using the Bally app for a heightened mobile gaming experience – Android and iOS operating systems support the app. A 24/7 support team is available by phone, live chat, and email to address any issues with the casino.
- Virgin Casino: A registered trademark of Virgin Enterprises Limited, this online casino accepts PayPal, as do many of the company’s brands. Registered NJ players are treated to an Atlantic City-esque gambling experience with a range of slots, bingo, blackjack, roulette, and video poker games.
These casinos each have unique perks that cater to different player needs, from charming bonuses to diverse game collections. The list of ideal PayPal destinations does not end there. In our NJ casino reviews, we discover other gambling sites supporting the payment method worthy of attention, including:
What is PayPal?
PayPal is an online money transfer company renowned for revolutionizing financial services and commerce over the past two decades. The company was established in 1998 as Confinity, the world’s first digital payment platform – it was renamed PayPal the following year. By 2000, the company had grown to over 1 million users, largely thanks to the online marketplace eBay. Previously, users would pay using checks and money orders through US mail. In 2002, eBay fully acquired PayPal, which became its official payment provider.
By 2011, PayPal had over 100 million users from 190 countries, and it launched PayPal Mobile for smartphone users. The brand expanded in 2013, adding Braintree and Venmo to its subsidiaries. The former became the PayPal Commerce Platform, while the latter served as a de facto digital wallet for small businesses and college students.
PayPal became an independent company once again in 2015 and started trading on the Nasdaq stock exchange. The following year, it forged a landmark partnership with Visa Inc. to expand its payment options. This agreement forged the path over 40 strategic partnerships down the road, including with financial institution partners (Synchrony, FIS, Swift Financial, and Paymentus), banks (Barclays, Bank of America, JPMorgan Chase, Wells Fargo, etc.), and card issuers (American Express, Mastercard, and Discover). It also acquired Zettle, Hyperwallet, and Simility in 2018.
Today, PayPal is a financial service titan with over 435 million active users in 203 markets and has overseen 22.3 billion+ transactions. It has its corporate headquarters in San Jose, California.
Why Use PayPal at Online Casinos
Online American casinos that accept PayPal stand out from the lot with good reason, making them highly recommendable. This section of the review outlines the reasons why PayPal online casino sites should be at the top of your list:
- Convenience: Online casinos accepting PayPal usually support deposits and withdrawals using the payment method. Therefore, you do not go through the hassle of finding an alternative banking method for either transaction. All you have to do is provide the cashier details during the first transaction, and they will be saved for future reference.
- Fast Transactions: PayPal deposits are usually processed instantly or within a few minutes. The e-wallet also has a short withdrawal period of 0 – 24 hours on most gambling sites. This period does not include the approval time during which a casino verifies the request, which could last up to 72 hours.
- Mobile Affinity: With mobile apps being the primary access point for online gambling, it pays to use a banking method with an app version. The app is downloadable on Android or iOS gadgets by scanning the QR code on the official PayPal website or searching for it on OS app stores. The installation is free, and all the services supported on the website are available on the app and more.
- Security: PayPal has state-of-the-art security technology to safeguard your account and transactions made with casinos. The applied features include security keys, data encryption, fraud monitoring and prevention, key pinning, TLS connection, and email payment confirmation.
- Wide Transaction Limits: Most online casinos that accept PayPal set a minimum deposit limit of $10 and leave the payment provider to determine the maximum. In this case, PayPal can support up to $25,000 daily deposits. While the casino often sets the maximum withdrawal limits, they are usually within PayPal’s supported range.
How to Use PayPal in NJ Casinos
PayPal supports different kinds of money transactions online – sending and receiving funds from a bank account or another PayPal account, getting an advance from a PayPal-linked credit card, and sending money to a checking or savings account. Account creation is necessary to access any of these services, and the procedure goes like so:
- Open the official PayPal website on any browserץ
- Choose the account type you would like between Personal and Business – the former is ideal when transacting with online casinos.
- Click on “Sign Up Now”.
- Provide the requested information, including your email address and a preferred password – the password must have 8+ characters, and it is case sensitive.
- Click “Next”.
- Click “Create Account”.
PayPal will then send a confirmation to your email address. Clicking on the provided link confirms the accuracy of the entered information and activates your account. You must use the email address and password for future logins.
Installing the PayPal App
PayPal commits to easy accessibility and provides an iOS and Android mobile app; this is especially handy since new PayPal casinos are also accessible in app versions. You can get the app one of two ways:
- Search and download the app from the Google Play Store for Android smartphones and the App Store for iOS.
- Scan the QR code on the PayPal website and enter your phone number. Click on the sent link to install the app.
The PayPal app has several advantages over the website version, such as real-time notifications about transactions and purchases.
How to Fund Your PayPal Account
You can link your PayPal to a bank account or credit/debit card, which can be used to fund the account or deposit from it. Here is a guide on how to go about it:
- Click on “Wallet” on the top menu.
- Enter your bank card/account details through Wire Transfer or Bank Verification option – this includes the bank/card issuer name, its country, code, and account/card number.
- Verify the provided info with a UnionPay card by entering the OTP code sent to the linked phone number.
You can also transact with another PayPal account, but no linking is necessary for this option.
|Credit/debit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover)
|Another PayPal account
PayPal Safety and Security
PayPal has comprehensive security features that safeguard your information and money from prying third parties. The payment provider prioritizes safety with the following measures:
- PayPal Security Key: Your PayPal account is accessible only after entering your email and password. This free additional security feature sends a one-time OTP to your phone, which is unique for each login attempt. After signup, you must register your phone number to activate the PayPal Security Key.
- TLS Connection: PayPal connects with you through Transport Layer Security (TLS) and secure HTTPS connections only.
- Key Pinning: This feature ensures the TLS connections established by your PC or smartphone tap into a verified PayPal server to prevent imposter interception.
- Data Encryption: Digital info and PayPal transactions use SSL encryption protocols when transferring between parties.
- Fraud Monitoring and Prevention: The payment provider employs advanced fraud detection technology that flags fraudulent activity and protects your account from duplicitous charges.
- Email Payment Confirmation: PayPal sends an email anytime you send or receive a payment. You can alert the platform to launch an investigation if you receive an email indicating a transaction you did not authorize.
With these measures, PayPal meets certified industry and regulatory encryption standards. It also has its information security policies and controls tested and approved by independent third parties. Certifications from the Mastercard Site Data Protection Program and Visa Cardholder Information Security Program attest to its gold standard security.
How to Deposit Using PayPal in NJ Casinos
Once you have funded your account, you can move on to a PayPal gambling site to enjoy real money gameplay. While each casino has unique navigation and menu settings, they almost always abide by this deposit formula:
- Select an online casino accepting PayPal – payment information can be displayed in the Banking, Casher, or similarly labeled section.
- Log into your casino account and open the payments page.
- Choose to deposit and select PayPal as the payment provider to use.
- On the redirected PayPal webpage/app, enter your login details (email address, password, and OTP code).
- Go to “Send and Request” on the website and “$” on the app.
- Enter the recipient casino’s name, PayPal username, and email address.
- Enter the amount to transfer, paying attention to the set limits – most casinos have a minimum deposit limit of $10/ $20. The maximum limit is often left to the banking method.
- Choose USD as the preferred currency, and click “Next”.
- Review the provided information, and then tap “Send”.
Casinos that accept PayPal process deposits instantly after the request is confirmed. If there are any delays, it often lasts only a few minutes. If it takes longer, it is recommended to contact customer support.
How to Withdraw Using PayPal in NJ Casinos
NJ online casinos accepting PayPal as a deposit method also list it for withdrawals. Most casinos require patrons to use the same payment provider for both transactions; therefore, if you use PayPal for deposits, you must use it for withdrawals. The procedure typically goes like so:
- Log into your casino account.
- Open the banking section.
- Choose to withdraw and PayPal as your preferred payment provider.
- Enter the amount your wish to cash out.
- Wait for the casino to verify and process your request.
PayPal casino sites typically set withdrawal limits. During the withdrawal process, the casino may request personal documents, such as a government-issued ID, to process the transactions. Also, the amount must not be pegged to any wagering requirements for cashouts to be successful.
PayPal gambling sites usually have a processing period during withdrawal to verify the funds; it ranges from 12 to 72 hours. Once the request is confirmed and released, PayPal avails funds within 0 – 24 hours. The money can sit in your PayPal account, or you can transfer it to your linked bank account, which takes 1 – 3 business days. Alternatively, you can request a check, which takes several weeks.
PayPal Transaction Fees
PayPal facilitates deposits in NJ online casinos for a fee. While the ideal situation would be paying no charges, the levies applied are affordable to support any player. Here is a breakdown of the levies to expect:
|Minimum fee - $0.25
|1.75% of the transferred amount
|1.75% of the transferred amount
PayPal slots app withdrawals are not usually charged since you receive funds. However, a small fee is applied if there are any currency conversions. In most cases, gambling sites that accept PayPal do not have any transaction charges. If they do, they rarely exceed 2% of the transferred amount.
PayPal Customer Support Service
PayPal offers customer support through phone, live chat, and message prompts. You can also converse with the PayPal community on a chat forum to find others encountering the same issues. Before reaching out to a PayPal client care representative, it is advisable to check out its comprehensive “Help” section covering numerous questions with detailed answers.
Advantages of Using PayPal
PayPal’s dominance of the online money transfer market is not by chance. The payment method has many upsides you can take advantage of when playing online casino games, including:
- Widely accepted: Many gambling sites accept PayPal, so you will be spoilt for choice.
- Fast transfer speeds: PayPal deposits are processed instantly, and withdrawals are completed within a day.
- Mobile app: PayPal has a free downloadable iOS and Android app.
- High withdrawal limits: While casinos set the maximum withdrawal limits, PayPal almost always gets the right end of the stick with the highest caps.
- Free account: PayPal applies no charges for opening and maintaining an account.
- Security: PayPal invests in the safety of users with data encryption tools, TLS Connection, PayPal Security Key, and other measures.
Disadvantages of Using PayPal
PayPal’s success is undeniable, but it is not free of shortcomings to be aware of before using its services. They include:
- PayPal business accounts cannot deposit into NJ online casinos
- Check withdrawals from PayPal take several weeks to be processed
PayPal vs. Other Deposit Methods
NJ online casinos usually list several other payment methods as alternatives to PayPal. Below is a look at the most popular ones:
This American multinational financial service provides institutions with Visa-branded products. These products are then used to offer users credit, debit, and prepaid access programs. It does outperform PayPal in popularity and is provided in almost every US bank, including Bank of America, Barclays, and JPMorgan Chase. On the downside, Visa deposits can be denied in PayPal casinos since not all banks agree to transactions with gambling sites. In such cases, PayPal is your best bet.
Mastercard is the second largest payment corporation in the world after Visa, processing transactions between banks and users of Mastercard-branded credit, debit, and prepaid cards. Its widespread popularity makes it available in almost every NJ casino. However, like Visa, its transactions can be declined if the bank does not support casino transactions. If accepted, it supports both deposits and withdrawals.
While most casino payment methods support online to online transactions, PayNearMe allows users to pay with cash at retail locations like Walmart, 7-Eleven, Family Dollar, and CVS. This cash payment network accepts PayPal, Apple Pay, Venmo, ACH, and credit/debit cards. When using this payment provider, a cashier at a PayNearMe retail location prints a bar code that can be saved on your phone; it has the same value as the paid amount and can be scanned for deposits. While it can support withdrawals, most PayPal casinos NJ do not list it.
ACH transactions are online bank-to-bank transfers processed via the Automated Clearing House Network. This network is a batch processing system that financial institutions use to aggregate transactions for processing. ACH is often compared to credit/debit card payments but usually incurs lower fees. However, unlike PayPal, it cannot be used to hold money and is only a transaction gateway.
Skrill is an e-wallet like PayPal, highly favored for instant deposits and same-day withdrawals. With 128-bit SSL encryption, pin logins, and fraud monitoring, security is a non-issue with the payment method. Also, Skrill is an affordable money transfer option with no fees incurred for opening an account, receiving money to your personal account, funding the account, and sending money to another Skrill wallet/email. However, the payment provider has a complicated fee structure that can be difficult for the average Joe to understand.
A Bank Transfer simply requires transferring funds from your bank account to the gambling site’s bank account. The ease of using Bank Transfer in PayPal online casinos varies from institution to institution, depending on how accommodating they are to online gambling. Since most US banks have online platforms like mobile apps, Online Bank Transfers are the most popular way to fund your casino account. Alternatively, you can use Telephone Transfers or In-Person Transfers.
Neteller is another e-wallet that serves as an online bank and can also transfer money. The money transfer service operates under the Paysafe Group and supposed 26 major currencies, including USD. You can fund your Neteller account using bank accounts/cards, Skrill, checks, video game trading proceeds, and insurance payouts. While it provides fast transactions, Neteller is not widely available in casinos that accept PayPal, which leaves few options.
Paypal Online Casino FAQs
What is PayPal?
PayPal is a digital money transfer platform that sends, receives, and holds money for registered users.
Can I use PayPal for casino deposits and withdrawals?
Is PayPal secure?
Yes, it is. PayPal is dedicated to protecting your information and funds with PayPal Security Key, fraud monitoring, email payment confirmation, TLS Connection, Key Pinning, and more.
Does PayPal have a mobile app?
Yes, it does. PayPal has a free app for iOS and Android smartphones. The app can be installed from the operating systems’ respective mobile stores or by scanning the QR code on the official PayPal website.
Is an internet connection necessary to use PayPal?
Yes, it is. Since PayPal is an online money transfer service, internet connectivity is necessary to access any of its services; this can be through Wi-Fi or mobile data.
How do I confirm the email address used during registration?
During account creation, PayPal automatically sends a confirmation message to your email. If it does not, go to your “Settings” and click “Confirm” in the “Email” section. If you are using the PayPal app, tap on your profile icon, head on to “Account Info,” and choose “Resend Confirmation” under the “Emails” option.